Big Fives Tours and Safaris Ltd, and associated companies make arrangement for hotel/lodge accommodation, for transport and conveyance by whatever means, as agents for passengers on the conditions that they will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any vehicle, or through the acts or defaults of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, or otherwise in connection therewith, or of any hotel/lodge proprietary or servant.
Big Fives Tours and Safaris Ltd, and associated companies accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delays, or changes, in train, steamer, motor, air or other services, sickness, weather, strikes, civil disturbances, war, quarantine or other cause. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the passenger.
Such conveyance etc, is subject to the laws of the country in which the tour takes place and all claims are subject only to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the cause of action arises.
Big Fives Tours and Safaris Ltd. reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all, or part, of the services provided.
Baggage and personal effects are carried at owner's risk and clients are cautioned against the risk of leaving them unattended.
This Is Important:
It is in our mutual interest that your are aware, before you instruct us to make firm reservations, that safari lodges and certain hotels in East Africa impose conditions which, in general terms, are:-
- Baggage is restricted to one reasonably sized piece of luggage, plus hand baggage and cameras, when on safari.
- Baggage and personal effects are at owner's risk throughout the safari. Baggage insurance is advisable.
At tree hotels, except Mountain Lodge, only a small overnight case is permitted; other baggage is stored at the hotel base camp.
- Children are not allowed at tree hotels. (7 years or younger) and at Mount Kenya Safari Club, children under 10 years are not allowed to dine in the main dining room.
- Hotel and lodge check-out is 10:00am. Optional day room (up to 6:00pm) are available at an additional cost subject to availability.
- It is recommended that personal baggage and trip cancellation insurance be purchased prior to travel.
- In order to secure best available ground services a deposit equivalent to 20% of the tour price is required at the time of booking. Additional payments are required prior to the start of the safari, with full payment no less than 21 days prior to the safari.